Ian’s new book is ‘From Oblivion To Hampden – Hibs Heroes of 1991’. 2016 is the 25th anniversary of the Hibs famous 1991 SKOL League Cup Win, a Cup win which came right after one of the most awful periods in our Club’s history. The book features exclusive colour photos, exclusive interviews with Keith Wright, Mickey Weir , Tommy McIntyre, Sir Tom Farmer and Frank Dougan, as well as written contributions from Hibbies Matt Kane and Bobby Sinnet. It tells the story of Hibs from the late 1980’s , via the Club’s ‘troubles’ of 1990-91 right through to season 91-92, when Hibs won the SKOL League Cup and also won the Scottish Youth Cup. It’s a positive book, focused on matters on the park.
In From Oblivion to Hampden you will discover:
- How Hibs progressed in each round, in depth – including the three often-overlooked earlier round victories – with ‘head-to-head’ statistics from previous League Cup encounters against all five teams.
- How Alex Miller and his players went from no-hopers to Cup-heroes in a matter of months.
- How season 1991-92 turned out to be one of Edinburgh football’s best.
- How a seemingly visionary plan by Hearts chief Wallace Mercer almost tore Edinburgh apart, yet ultimately cemented the capital’s status as a two-club city forever.
- Just how much Scottish football has changed in the last 25 years.
- The story of how Hibs’ heroic youth-team also became cup-heroes in season 1991-92.
- How Duff and Gray’s ‘revolution’ almost killed Hibernian FC, despite enjoying some early successes.
- How Cup heroes like Tommy McIntyre, Keith Wright and Mickey Weir saw the cup-win at the time and how they see it now, 25 years on.
- Who was the future Serie A and England star who Hibs almost signed in 1988?
- What would life really have been like, if Hibs had died in 1990/91?You can buy the book from all good bookshops, from Amazon, direct from Pitch Publishing, or on E-Bay if you would like a signed copy via Ian’s family.
- Just what happened in Edinburgh on the night of the Cup win as the open topped bus toured?
- What lessons have Hibernian and its fans learned from the 1990-91 troubles?
- The stars who won the Cup for Hibs in 1991 – where are they now?
You can buy the book from all good bookshops, from Amazon, Waterstons, direct from Pitch Publishing, or on E-Bay if you would like a signed copy via Ian’s family.
St. Patrick’ Branch Members Ian and Bobby Sinnet collaborated on the excellent ‘Hibernian FC On This Day: History, Facts & Figures’ from Every Day of the Year. Below you can read Forwards by them and introduction from the new book.